Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Photography and Composition Skillz

 Point of View: I tried to be extremely artistic and deep here so bear with me. I saw this bouquet of flowers, and I thought about how everyone only ever pays attention to the flower part. It's certainly the prettiest so I don't blame everyone, but I flipped it around to give more attention to the part of the flower that supports and brings life to the entire plant. I tried to make the flower part blurry for extra effect. Hopefully that made this stem more interesting.

 Balance: I took this picture in my backyard mostly because of how beautiful it was outside, but I also tried to balance it so that I could post it here. I think the orange leaves in the foreground on the left side add a lot of weight to that side. But the darkness of the two trees on the right, and the massive size of the lighter mountains in the background add the perfect touch of weight to balance the picture out.

Subject/Background: This picture is very self-explanatory, but here goes nothing. I placed us just about in the center of the photo so that it would be very clear that we are the subject. I didn't want that guy in the yellow shirt in the background to steal any of my thunder. In the background you can see a soccer stadium and on my jersey you can see the RSL emblem. While I don't show the entire stadium or explain what is going on, viewers are able to put together the pieces and the overall composition makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment