Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Photography

Like a lot of others in the class, I took my photos on campus because that's where I spend most of my time. It was actually pretty cool because there are so many beautiful spots on campus that I think we tend to overlook, and I felt that I was able to capture some of this beauty. I tried to incorporate the things we have previously learned in class (such as the rule of thirds, and types of balance), as well as execute the current assignment criteria.

Balance: This one was kind of tricky, but the balance of the tree in this photo can be found the reflection in the window. The composition contains drastic complimentary colors. Although the subject (the tree) is centered to the left, the reflection of the leaves balances out the tree, as well as the dark door and window panels on the right side.

I also thought that this photo incorporated a good sense of balance. I was on campus pretty late working on an art project for class. So late, in fact, that the hallway lights were off when I was leaving. I thought it was kind of creepy, but I also noticed that the light at the door enhanced the radial balance of the shot. The bright light radiates outward and gets darker as you get further from the door.


Point of View: I found this shot to be a very captivating "selfie." Rather than just a typical reverse-camera snapshot, the "selfie" is in the point of view of the reflective sunglass lenses. I also thought the foreground and background in this image were interesting. The fall leaves, headphone plug-in, and sunglasses are obviously closer and more focused than the background in-n-out bag. Your eyes automatically focus on the sunglasses, and then realize that there is another image in the perspective of the lenses.


Subject/background: I think this shot is really interesting and captures the beauty of what seems to be an every day hallway on campus. Although I wish that the subject and background were more distinct, the eye focuses on the doors, and lead to the left as the hallways becomes less focused.

This photo is more specific in relation to subject vs. background. You can tell that the obvious subject is the leaf, while the Maeser building is the background. The background isn't as crisp and focused, so it makes it easier for the eye to determine what is the subject and what is the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment