Monday, November 3, 2014

Photography/Composition

Bilateral Symmetry 


For this picture I took a trophy that my wife made for a Halloween pumpkin carving contest of a two headed skeleton. I thought it would be perfect because it was in itself perfectly split down the middle. I put it in a place in my home where I best felt I could split it in half using a paper towel holder to be that physical split. 

Radial Symmetry 


This one was surprisingly difficult. I tried lots of different images that I thought would be cool and they never really seemed to work out. but then I was walking home and I noticed this on someone's door and how it seemed to spin out perfectly from that one circle. So i tried to photograph that. 

Asymmetrical Balance 


For this final image I tried to balance the image of the moon with the image of the street light. obviously the image of the moon is smaller than the street light but without the moon the image would seem empty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment