Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Photography/Composition Assignment

Balance:

I set up this shot while at work, I noticed the line between the cubicles made a perfectly symmetrical picture of the two phones and the identical posters. I chose this shot because of the almost reflective quality that occurs in the picture. 

Point of View:
This is the point of view from inside a plastic BYU Bookstore bag. I added the water bottle to create more of a balance between my face and the rest of the picture. I left the lighting light and white to create an air of curiosity and innocence, Like the object in the bag wants to know what is outside its environment.  


Subject/Background:
Siarra was nice enough to model for this picture. While she is the subject of this picture, I positioned her eye-line to draw the viewer's eyes to the campus in the back ground as well. I locked the exposure on the background and used a long depth of field to make Siarra and the inside wall darker. I then put the picture in black and white to give the picture a more yearning and pensive feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment