Monday, November 3, 2014

Creativity Assignment - Photography 1


Point of View:  I thought it would be cool to take a picture from the point of view of a rider on a motorcycle.  So I took this picture sitting on my friend's motorcycle to show exactly what the rider sees behind the handlebars, looking down the stretch of road in front of him.


Subject/Background:  In this shot I really wanted to emphasize the detail on my picture frame, while still seeing the decor in the background.  In this case, I am making the cream colored frame the subject of the photo, and everything else blurred behind it became the background.


Balance:  I first started with placing my bag on the floor, and quickly realized that in order to balance it I needed something essentially flowing from it.  I chose a light, pure white scarf to balance the harsh textures and vibrant colors of the bag.  Because of the weight and size of the bag, I felt that it was more balanced when I positioned the scarf in a way to make it seemingly flow out of the frame, essentially giving it more visual "weight," because your eyes follow the movement of the scarf.



No comments:

Post a Comment