Monday, November 3, 2014

Photography & Composition

Subject/Background:


It was simple to make this mask the main focus of the picture for the viewer. It's a beautiful and intricate object. So, I just put it right up against the camera. Of course, there are lots of other things going on in the background, but the fact that the mask is up close and in focus, should make it the very first thing that the viewer's eye is drawn to.



Balance:



This was a fun shot for me. I spent an hour taking pictures of ducks, but this was my favorite shot by far. I feel like the duck on the left balances out the gentleman who's raking leaves in the background to the right. I also love how all the colors in the shot work well together and add balance as well. 


Point of View



I was trying to think of something interesting to do here, and I came up with the idea of having the camera behind me as I headed off to a work out. The shot is from the perspective of my laziness or lack of motivation...I'm leaving it behind me on the floor as I head off to run. On purpose, I made the door more in focus than my legs and shoes because I wanted the door to be the most important part of the shot. My goal is to get out that door. I also love the way my shadow falls on the door in this shot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment