Monday, March 21, 2016

Composition: Makena Bauss

Over the weekend my friend Laurie and I hit up seven different counties here in Utah as we spent a day doing a traveling "photo shoot" of sorts. Here are a few pics from our adventure:

Balance:

As I was taking this photo, I framed Laurie heavily off to one side. To maintain balance, I used the visual weight of the train tracks (caused in part because of their texture and visual motion) and mountains (which carry weight because of their implied size and their deep color).

Point of View:

I had fun with this one. By getting down low to the ground and taking the portrait shot from a lower angle, I was able to incorporate the texture of the road into the shot. This allowed for an added measure of visual interest. Additionally, by being closer to the ground, I was able to bring in the paint on the road and her shadow stood out more.

 Subject/Background:

In order to show that Laurie was the subject of this photo, I chose a background that was generally uniform and level, and then left it out of focus. Additionally, I scaled Laurie in the shot so that she appeared larger than any one particular detail of her surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment