Thursday, March 24, 2016

Typography - Alex D.

I was looking for some cool examples of typography on Instagram and Pinterest and I came across this image that I couldn't stop looking at.  It says "Bad typography is everywhere" in the bold red font, but behind the red in an almost illegible font it says "good typography is invisible."  I just think that the imagery is really good.  I had to zoom in the image a lot in order to see what the message behind the red print red is.  I think that this portrays the message of the importance of typography so beautifully.  You have to look closely and that is what makes the difference between good  and bad typography.

2 comments:

  1. This is super interesting! I had to really look to see what was behind the red letters as well when I first saw the picture, but I think it perfectly illustrates the message it is telling. At first I actually thought the red and white messages were supposed to blend, until I realized that they didn't make sense together. That's when I discovered there was another, "invisible" message underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I finally read the "invisible" part, it made a lot more sense. While this statement is true in some contexts, in others I think text needs to make a point rather than just blend in.

    ReplyDelete