Monday, March 21, 2016

Photography Composition - Elizabeth Gillespie

Like many people, I often walk past the seemingly mundane and insignificant on a day-to-day basis. I do not claim to have an artistic eye or appreciation for the "art" in everyday buildings or landscape.

So, I decided to select a familiar scene that I did not think was particularly special or worthy of this assignment and see what I could find beyond just a first glance.

I climbed up stairs, I stooped down low, I looked at things up close and far away. As a result, I found that there was a lot more here than I ever would have thought.

This is an old shed I see every single day. I never paid much attention to it and thought it was kind of ugly. When I took a close look at it, I realized it had a lot of beautiful colors and different textures. This photo achieves balance with the painted white wood down the middle -though the dark green takes up the left side of the picture, the dark red brick is heavy in its color and texture.

Plant pots and watering supplies unkept. The large vase on the left side is balanced by the hose on the right. 

A play area waiting for another day of recreation and fun. I loved all of the bright colors on the sidewalk and in the toys against the faded white banisters. Also, the lines and angles were all interesting to me. I climbed up a set of rickety stairs to take this picture. I thought about perception as I took pictures from this angle - a mother would check on her children from up here to make sure all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment