Monday, March 21, 2016

Photography Composition- Hannah Nelson

Balance


When I started taking pictures I wanted to demonstrate the effectiveness of a strong source of light. Here rather than the focus on the light that was coming through the window, I focused on the chandelier above. My motive was to create a balance between the heavy side of the picture which has the girl, the window, and the light on the right side. This is a self portrait which made it complicated to position right. But I wanted to compare the balance of the right side with the left side of pictures and the blank space on the wall.







Point of View








To capture a pure hearted girl playing on an old telephone I had to get down on her level. She had grabbed my grandmother's glasses and started playing with the dial buttons. This point of view was fun to capture, without trying to distract her play time. I also wanted to capture the light source which came from the table lamp shining on her face.







Subject Background





Again, my motive was to capture different sources of light during this project. Rather than using the bright light above inside the home, I turned off the light to capture the natural light pouring in from the window. I loved what happened. It created a focus on the subjects silhouetted figure, but also had a blurred focus on the scenery outside the window.  The subject and background almost fight for attention because of the light source.

No comments:

Post a Comment