Monday, March 21, 2016

Photography Composition

 Subject /  Background
I saw this broom and for some reason wanted to make it the subject of my photo, so I framed it in the empty space to the right of the car, and tried to make it so the lines of the tree, car, parking lot, and drain were all pointing at it. I also made sure in was on one of the thirds.

Point of View
I took pictures of a bunch of things, and at first it was kind of hard for me to get out of my normal point of view, but eventually I started taking pictures of a lot of things from a lot of different angles. The one I ended up liking the most is this photo I snapped of a parking lot without even being able to see the camera screen. I was able to capture this cool juxtaposition of rough and smooth that I never would have noticed otherwise.

Balance
In this picture, I tried to balance the white horse and the larger brown mountains on the right hand side with a post on the left side that is both darker in value and closer to us, to achieve a fulcrum somewhere near the subject, namely, the horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment