Monday, March 21, 2016

Kayla Ellis | Photography Composition

Subject/Background

I normally don't appreciate noise created by trees in photos. But these trees, because they were in the foreground, added an intimacy to the house. But the white house in the sweet spot is really gives the photo life, making it my subject.



Balance

This is an unconventional balance, but I chose it anyway. I think the weight of the darkness comes from the mystery. The light carries weight because you see a big door, the leaves and cushion on the floor, and just the arm of the old couch. But, much like my own real life experience, you're not sure what's in the darkness and you're honestly a little freaked out. 



Point of View

I like this point of view of the birdhouse because it makes you feel like you are the birdhouse. I'm high up in the tree, it's a wider angle and a the picture is a little off balance so even looking at it makes you feel like you're up there, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment