Monday, March 21, 2016

Photography//Composition

Point of View:
In order to accomplish this principle, I crouched down on the ground to capture a picture of this tree from the ground up. In class we talked about how changing the point of view of the picture changes the feel. I wanted the tree to tower over the viewer and appear beautiful yet somewhat menacing at the same time. I believe this makes the photo more interesting than if I had just snapped a regular picture of the tree. This point of view gives life and character to the tree as it looms above the viewer. 


Balance:
For some reason, this was the hardest picture for me to take. I took multiple different balance pictures while on my run but I just didn't love any of them. When I was walking up to my house after my run, I snapped this picture and ended up really liking it. I think I just love the simplicity of it. In this photo, the red brick balances out my running shoes. I like the straight lines from the cement that are even with each other. They too balance each other. I like the sense of balance and simplicity that the picture provides.


Subject/Background:
The temple dedication this weekend inspired me to take this photo. In this picture, the statue of the family is the subject and the new Provo temple is the background. In order to take this picture, I had to be close to the statue. When I stepped back too far, it blended in with the background and was no longer the subject of it. I chose this as my subject/background because of its symbolism. Thanks to the temple (the background) families (the subject) can be together forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment