Friday, March 25, 2016

Typography - Kristen Kerr

I love the typography in this inspirational quote by Winston Churchill. I see four different fonts in a variety of serif and sans serif fonts - some in bold, italicized, or regular typefaces. Not every font is repeated, but I think there's enough repetition of fonts to bring a sense of consistency. I also like how the horizontal lines break up the quote into three sections. Doing so balances the different fonts, making it less busy and easier to read.

2 comments:

  1. These sort of designs for quotes is definitely successful for Pinterest. People love these designs and this sort of use of typography. It's visually appealing, it's orderly, and it gives different emphases to the different words. That helps us really appreciate the meaning of the quote, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thinner font in the middle breaks up the text enough to add individual emphasis to each sentence.

    ReplyDelete