Monday, March 21, 2016

Photography/Composition-Hailey Weenig

BALANCE


This is an old barn in midway with no windows or doors (kinda creepy but I still thought it was beautiful) I wanted to take a picture with assyemtriacal balance so if the picture was flipped or cut in half it would still look the same. The more I look at the picture the more I also see that there isn't just balance when it comes to the subject and background but there is balance in the colors, the contrast between the vibrant blue and the browns create a sense of balance and contuniuity. I could be wrong but I feel like complimentary colors also create a sense of balance when it comes to photography


SUBJECT/BACKGROUND


This is the picture I chose for subject background. The subject in this photo is my cute little cousins ricky and sam, they are some of the funniest people I know. I chose this picture as my subject background photo because I feel like it really tells a story. To exemplify the principle I would have rather had the mountains more blurred, but I like how your eye is immediately drawn to the little boys and then you see they are looking at the background so then your eyes are drawn to the background and then back to the little boys as you think about their perception as you wonder what they are thinking.



POINT OF VIEW


This picture was taken as I was laying on the ground looking up at a tree, changing the point of view that we normally look at trees, this POV cuts of most of the tree, which makes you focus on how beautiful the sky was that day, but compositionally there is still the contrast between the white tree and the bright blue sky so there is also a sense of balance in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment