Friday, March 4, 2016

Perception #1: Downtown Provo

I love to eat out and have several favorite restaurants in downtown Provo. At first, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find anything I hadn't seen before. But I soon realized the more you look around your surroundings, the more you see.

I was surprised to find a few non-LDS church buildings in downtown Provo. Here's a look at three of them, as well as a rare sports affiliation in Provo and a food advertisement that makes me happy.

 This old church building was converted to an apartment building. I've bought groceries at Smith's many times, but never noticed the Old Chapel apartment complex before. I liked how the cathedral-like structure was maintained in the refurbishing of the building.

 The Swiss-based Saint Mary's Church is nestled in the heart of downtown Provo, just a few blocks away from the Provo City Center Temple.  

The third church I discovered was the Calvary City on a Hill. I was intrigued by its Roman columns and architecture, as well as the craftsman-style door.

I am a die-hard University of Utah fan and was super excited to see a fellow Utah fan in downtown Provo. Not only does the license plate have a block "U" on it, but the car is also red.

I love the Mexican restaurant Street Tacos, but have never been to its next-door neighbor, Red Deli. I found this advertisement on the side of the building and loved its simplicity. I like the simple math equation, graphics and one-word phrases.

No comments:

Post a Comment