Friday, July 10, 2015

Color I: Color Theory


I created this star design using my very basic photoshop skills. I wanted to come up with a unique color pattern so I played around a little bit on kuler.adobe.com to make this complementary color scheme. The tones of burgundy/pink and greenish/gray are across from each other on the color wheel.  I assume these colors are in fact "tones" because black, gray, and white were added to the hues of pink and green. My favorite are the salmon and mint. It's interesting to see how a 5 tone color scheme was created from just two complementary colors.One thing I found interesting is that the grayish background hue has RGB numbers that are just about equal. I would have expected the blue to be higher. The light pink has a higher red number that the other two pinkish tones present which also surprised me. I would have expected the deep burgundy to have a higher red number. I really like this color scheme and I think these complementary colors make it very visually appealing. Also it's neat that you can use each hexadecimal code in any program and the hue turns out the same. That makes it so you can be very specific and exact with the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment