Monday, July 13, 2015

Color Theory


I was in a band that broke up earlier this year that was called Woodward Avenue. For this assignment I uploaded a picture of my band performing at one of our shows to kuler.adobe.com and used the color scheme found in that picture as the color scheme for this poster. There were a few adjustments I wanted to make however, so I adjusted the tints and shades on a few of the colors on my palette. To adjust a tint of a color you add white to the hue, and to adjust the shade of the color you add black to the hue. At one I decided I wanted one more color in addition to the original color scheme, so I chose a color that was a complementary color to one of the original color selections. Colors are complementary if they sit on opposite sides of the color wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment