Monday, July 20, 2015

Photojournalism: Extended Family

I know it may seem a broad topic, but I chose focus on extended family.
Specifically, the benefits of an extended family gathering as well as how the members of the family act with one another, etc. 






This past weekend, my family gathered for a family member's birthday. 
My family usually gathers like this about twice a month with grandparents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and even the cousin's boyfriends/girlfriends. 
This time, I paid much more attention to how everyone acted and even where they gathered.
My uncle is often the "clown" of the hour gathers in the living room where he can constantly throw out jokes and comments. I like to call him the peanut gallery. The kids all gather in the backyard where there is the swing set.  The teenagers all seemed to move to the outside patio where they could talk about teenage things like crushes, gossip, etc. 
This probably doesn't seem very interesting to outsiders, but because I know each individual personally, I found it so entertaining to watch their manner and where they ended up gravitating to. 
I tried to capture each picture without them noticing so that I could really capture the moment. 
I also wanted the pictures to show the joy and ease that is accompanied with these family gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment