Monday, July 13, 2015

Typography


In creating this "call to action," I manipulated the size, form and color of the text that I had at my disposal. In addition, may I also point out that I've included pictures to supplement the meaning of the text. 

The size of the "A" is larger than the rest of the letters giving it the feeling of truly being a mountain over the rest of the text. By changing "the mountains" color to brown I've further made it feel like it is representative of a mountain that we need to "ascend." Despite the back of the letter "E" being present, our brains are easily able to process that it is in fact a letter "E," this is a manipulation of form. 

I like the feel of this text as it's clean and crip, almost giving the illustration a clean "air" about it. The sun, compass, mountain trail and faint hiker are all here to help present the call to action of getting outside and hiking/doing something adventurous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment