Monday, July 13, 2015

Typography

For my call to action, I chose the saying "it's ok to cry." I chose a blue background that is both subtle and relevant to the saying. The blue tones of the background work well with the dark blue of the lettering and the water stains resemble tear stains.

I chose a striking, yet simple font. I wanted the type to not ask for attention in itself, but through its words and meaning. I chose to keep it all lowercase lettering to have a childish feel to it, as if a child were saying these words to soothe their crying friend.

My favorite and most intentional part of this is the placement of the type. I did this because I wanted the word "cry" to have weight and attention. I made it bold and I kerned the letters more to make it take up more space. I also chose to put it in on the left side of the image because we read left to right. In this case, you can read it as "cry. it's ok to" which has the same meaning, but has more of that childish consolatory feel that I was going for.

No comments:

Post a Comment