Wednesday, July 15, 2015

endless love/smile



This image is quite simple but I think it says a lot just by the kerning and spacing of the letters. Leading also helps to make it easier on the eye. The change of fonts adds to the meaning: cursive has an on-going feeling where as the type used for love seems more simple and average.  When you put them together, you are creating meaning that even though love can be a simple thing that everyone talks about, loving endlessly is not just "love"; it is a powerful emotion that goes on forever.


I made two.  Please don't be mad.  I just got mixed reviews on both and I wasn't sure which one to use.  So we could totally do a class vote! Which one do you like better? On this one I tried to put eyes above the smile but it made it look way too busy.  I like the simple look and I feel like this is a statement that makes you happy.  Because of the placement and spacing of the letters, it is understood that we should turn our frowns upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment