Saturday, July 11, 2015

Gestalt Principles

First time photoshopper here, so no hardcore judging. Although it took me far too long to make, I think I was able to show at least two Gestalt principles here.

First, there is an element of the Figure/Ground principle. I think people will look at this and instantly see either a smile, a piece of watermelon, or maybe the hairy belly of a man with "yum." tattooed on it.

Second, the Closure principle is apparent because there are no definite lines showing the watermelon. The pink background, along with the other design elements give clues as to what the picture displays, and the mind quickly fills in what it does not see.

Our brains rock! I think it is astounding how we can see just random shapes and colors and make them into perhaps not one, but two or three images.

No comments:

Post a Comment