Monday, October 26, 2015

Do you want to go to the seaside?



One of my favorite vacation spots is the Outer Banks and I decided to do a simple ad poster for this hotspot in North Carolina. I wanted the color of my font to represent the colors of the beach so I took cool colors and added a hue to them so that the blue and the green gave the viewer the feel that the cream color of the sand blended with the ocean water (blue) and the vegetation (green). 

I wanted to incorporate harmonious colors into the font and have them fade from blue to green because I wanted the viewer to see the contrast in colors. I was afraid that if I choose to blend the colors from green to blue, the blue wording would be lost in the blue color of the sea. I wanted the words to keep their meaning, and the contrast allows the viewer to separate the colors and give meaning to the words. 

I gave the wording depth because I wanted the viewer to travel down the picture of the beach. There is something peaceful about taking a stroll down the beach. There is so much to experience. I didn't want the sand dominate the image so I figured that if I gave my colors and the words this notion of continuation, the eyes would be lead on a journey through the picture and through different colorful elements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment