Monday, October 26, 2015

PIZZA


I chose a black, white and gray color scheme because lately black and white images I've seen on the internet have really been sticking out to me. Also I think that black and white normally gives off a more serious tone to it, which I thought would be interesting to add to something normally not perceived as serious, such as pizza.

It was actually surprisingly difficult for me to figure out how to create black on the adobe color wheel but I eventually figured it out. Using the shades color rule I was able to find a nice black and create a gray scale color theme.


And then for the Gestalt aspect of the assignment I really liked the idea of closure and was going to try and get the pizza slices to form the Z's in PIZZA, but it was surprisingly a lot more difficult than I thought. Trying that out really helped me appreciate closure gestalt images.

So instead I chose similarity and proximity as my gestalt features. With the pizza slice background being all similar slices of pizza causing our minds to group them together. And then the foreground pizza is overlapping and close together which makes my mind not really distinguish them as separate pizza slices, but instead it kind of groups them together as a pizza foreground object that serves as a nice backdrop to the black font "pizza".


No comments:

Post a Comment