Sunday, October 25, 2015

Gestalt and Color


I'm a Volkswagen Beetle fanatic! I found three images of the three reincarnations of the bug and arranged them on a white background using the gestalt principles of similarity and continuation. This gives the feeling of the message I wanted to portray; that the bug has evolved through different stages. Using kuhler.adobe.com I used the bright color mood to pick out the different colors for the text from the three vehicles. I wanted the text to reflect both a new and modern feel (in the word "evolution") and also a vintage feel (through the phrase including "classic") while echoing the familiar VW ads with the tagline at the bottom "It's classic for a reason."  Together, these elements create a visually interesting image that tells the story of a bug's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment