Monday, October 26, 2015

Gestalt/Color


I chose to use shades of the same color to make my design. I wanted the different color to stand out the most but in the image but didn't want the phrase at the end to be distracting by being another bright color. I chose to stay with the color that the image that is different is to "stand out of the crowd" as well but chose a darker shade so that the lime green image was what your eye is immediately drawn to but the phrase is still different from the rest of the image as well.

I used the continuity and similarity principles to create the design. I feel like any other principle wouldn't have the same effect because similarity and continuity are both boring, stereotypical designs which is what the message is conveying. Everyone tries to be the same as everyone else but we need to be our own person. All the images are the same besides the one that is trying to stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment