Sunday, October 11, 2015

Typography


Maybe because I have had General Conference on the mind, I wanted to do a call to action that had to do with the Church. I began by writing down phrases of calls to action that I could use and the one that stuck out the most to me was this one simple word. I began doodling with it and noticed that if the letters were manipulated, the word itself could look like a figure praying. To make this happen I had to reduce the spacing between the letters and of course turn them in a vertical line rather than the typical horizontal line. I also had to flip the letter Y to make it look as though the were the legs of the stick figure in a kneeling position. In addition, I didn't like the font of the letter a, but I liked the font look of the rest of the letters, so I picked a similar font just for the a itself. I hope people can see it the way I see it. The P is the head, the R are the hands, the A the torso and of course, the Y the legs.

1 comment:

  1. Angela,
    Great idea and image selection. I liked the creativeness that you had with the wording. The only problem I had was that I did not realize that it was supposed to look like someone praying, and it made it hard to read at first.

    ReplyDelete