Monday, October 26, 2015

Gestalt - Color


Color: I chose an analogous color scheme because I liked how they fit together in a pattern. Since they are so close together on the color wheel, they complement each other well and allow you to have more fun in the placement rather than the coloring. 

Gestalt Theory: The two principles I applied were proximity, and similarity. I used similarity in the sense that all of the squares contain the same elements, so you group them together as 9 unit squares in a constant pattern. However, I used proximity with the placements of the geometric shapes within each square to offset the typical pattern and group each square as an individual whole as well. Although the red squares were placed equally from each other, the tan light peach squares inside are all placed according to the grid they are placed within the system. The same goes for the dots as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment