Saturday, October 10, 2015

Call for WWF

I chose to do a call to action for the public to get involved with the World Wildlife Foundation. I first started by finding a picture that my type could interact with. I did not want to just simply put my type at the top or bottom of the page, but rather, integrate my type into the actual picture. I thought this picture worked well because I could line up my text along the neck line of the zebra to better involve my text with the image while also adding more visual interest. I chose the font specifically because I needed something large and bold to stand out in the overall monochromatic image. I wanted something easy to read so the message would be clear, even if the viewer did not linger long over the image. Finally, I added the zebra stripes onto the two O's as a way to emphasize and accent the text, without breaking the color scheme or becoming too distracting. I added the black band at the bottom and put the website address in white in order to redirect the eye to the address and ensure the website did not simply blend into the rest of the image or get overlooked because of it's smaller font size.

1 comment:

  1. Really great Kylee,
    Simple but powerful. I loved how you made the O's in zebra print. I also like how you just left a white background, because sometimes white is the best way to get a message across.

    ReplyDelete