Friday, October 9, 2015

Educate Yourself


I decided to go this route because I feel like as receive so much information but rarely do we actually understand the implications of it. I took this photo from the internet and cropped it to size. I added the text and I specifically chose each font for a reason. "You hear about it everyday", I chose a typewriter font because its a font that it usually paired with learning and receiving information. I wanted to give it a monotonous feeling but then put the text "but do you actually know" in a easy to read cursive because it almost simulates a voice in our head. A second guessing thought. "Educate" I wanted to stand out the most because that is the call to action. I gave it a loud bold font that grabs your attention so it gets you thinking.  I highlight/bolded the YOUs in the picture because its puts attention in different areas of the picture. I points out that this is about you, that you should educate yourself on the matter and not just passively receive information. I put the website in typewriter font because again that is coincided with learning and information. The overall call to action is to learn about what is actually happening in our world not just see pics about it on CNN. Learn about why it's important and how it affects you. 

1 comment:

  1. Kate,
    Great idea with image selection. I like how you bolded each time You came up. The only thing to remember is that you normally only want to use no more than two font types other wise it states to become more about the font, rather than the message.

    ReplyDelete