Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Typography


Sorry this is a little late!

I'm a lifelong fan of the New England Patriots. Like many, I was disappointed to hear of the "Deflate-gate" scandal, but was deeply relieved when a months-long investigation produced no hard evidence of wrongdoing. The Super Bowl victory was especially vindictive.

I believe the scandal was largely a construct of the NFL and popular media, who have historically tried to "deflate" the Patriots' accomplishments with accusations of cheating. My picture shows that unfounded accusations can't deflate a championship trophy. I chose a cursive font for the word 'Deflate' to convey the frivolity of the accusations, and a capital bold font to articulate the achievement of a fourth Lombardi trophy.

Go Pats!

1 comment:

  1. like that you are using two different fonts to highlight your message-not crazy about the first font. will be marked down because it's late

    ReplyDelete