Monday, October 12, 2015

give/live


I wanted the audience to see that when we give, we get. At first I had the words "give" and "live" separate, but after experimenting with the typography and layout, I found a simple symbolism in finding a way to combine the words in a meaningful way. I also found that by doing this, it makes the text stand out in an uncomplicated way that makes the reader think for a second and put it together in his/her mind. Using a simple, lowercase typography seemed to be the best option; I didn't want the text to distract from the imagery, but to compliment/balance it. I like that my eyes go straight to hers first, and the lines of her arm take me up to the text. I feel that this organization makes the most sense given the context and message: emotional connection -> invitation/promise.

1 comment:

  1. this is a good start- i would continue to play with this to see if there's other creative ways to present this.

    ReplyDelete