Friday, December 20, 2013

Ad Campaign Final


For my final I chose to do a print ad for Japonesque makeup brushes. I'm not at all versed in the ways of computer editing programs and I am not a talented makeup artist, but I did the best I could to get my message across.

I have often had the thought that I'm creating pieces of work when I use those makeup brushes and I wanted an ad to show that you don't have to look like the typical models in magazines to be beautiful; beauty is what you make it, or makeup. 

I used color, typography, and balance to create different effects with each ad.  

   For the first one I used pink and frilly font to evoke a whimsical, playful sensation. Because of the lack of quality of my camera and the lighting and editing, you can really see the glitter makeup I used for this one, but I was trying to connect to the "wanna-be princess" that lies dormant in most girls.

   As for the balance, I used the same technique for all of them. They are each slightly off centered, but just barely to the left, and the brush on the right side is pulling the picture back into balance. It was a little more obvious when I was working on them but somehow they became warped and really narrow so they look more centered.









   The second one was red and black to relate to the passion and danger of the wild child. The one who's not afraid to get a little aggressive and a little dark. The font is more aggressive and seductive as well, as if to seduce you to create your own beautiful wild child. 






The last one I did in a pale yellow to make it feel more warm and comfortable, how women should feel in their own skin. The font is more relaxed and comfortable too, like you don't have to dress it up for it to be appealing. 



I wanted to show that you can try out different looks or be yourself and still be beautiful. You can be all sorts of inventive and imaginative with those brushes and come up with several looks. You can create your own beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment