Friday, December 20, 2013

FINAL- Three Print Ads

For my Final, I did three print ads for Salt Lake's new professional Ultimate team- the Salt Lake Lions. Unlike other professional sports, players in the American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL) are regular people with regular jobs. Rather than rich, athletic freaks that have been bred from birth to physically dominate another human being, these are guys you might see at a grocery store, or even sitting next to you in class.

As such, my single story I was trying to sell was that when you support the Salt Lake Lions, you are supporting real, regular guys. To try and emphasize this I took real photos, but with a really low quality camera because I wanted to give it a more realistic, almost family scrapbook feel. I then tried to alter each piece in photoshop to show that these real people could actually be Lions.

Design elements I used include color theory, by copy was done using complementary colors; composition, I took each picture with competing and contrasting lines; and I relied on semiotics to sell the concept of each subject actually being a lion.



No comments:

Post a Comment