Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Final project: Punky Brew/ Because Cats magazine cover and spread




Design principles I demonstrated:

-I utilized both bilateral symmetry and asymmetrical balance in the photos I took as well as in my design of the magazine cover and pages.
-While designing the layout of my pages, I used muted blacks and grays and simple horizontal lines so that the background design would remain clean and undistracting, as the vibrant blues, reds and pinks from my photos popped.
-I used a simple, clean sans serif font (Futura oblique) to keep my message clear and credible. I didn't want my typography to distract, because my message was quirky enough already.

What I tried to achieve:

In writing this article and doing photo shoots, I worked to depict the "cat clothing trend" in a way that legitimized its importance and implications.

By contrasting some silly copy and vibrant images with some serious copy and subdues font and color choices, I tried to visually represent the duality of the cat clothing trend: it's silly on the surface, with more serious undertones.


No comments:

Post a Comment