Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Silent Killer-Final Project





When I was thinking of an event or organization to do a video about, I was really confused and unsure the direction I wanted to take. Then when I found out it didn't have to be a real organization I knew I wanted to try and do something funny with a creative twist. I find it's easier for me to be creative when I can be humorous. I started brainstorming illnesses that weren't serious or were funny that I could do a spoof of, and the first thing that popped into my head was senioritis. With this piece I was trying to achieve a serious front of a non-serious topic. My hope was to not reveal what the problem was until the end of the clip, and to draw the viewer in with dramatic music and scenes that would later reveal an actually comical satire on a non-serious problem. I hoped to achieve this with lighting, coloring, music, and the typography at the end. The principles I used from this class in my project are: different camera angles, different typography with leading and tracking, and in my graphic I used similarity, continuity, and color theory.

No comments:

Post a Comment