Friday, December 20, 2013

Video project - Dance is manly!

I don't t think I have ever spent so much time on a final project!  However, I also don't think I've ever enjoyed a final project more!  

The idea of my project was to break the conception that dance is feminine.  Through this compilation of action shot video clips, I have shots of sports and "manly" things, and then I liken those to a similar action clip of something "manly" that you might see in dance. 

Some of the principles that I used in my video:

Typography - The capitalization and size of some of the letters are different for a purpose - which you will notice at the end.  

Symmetry - A lot of the shots, especially the ending action clip, have distinct symmetrical patterns.  The end clip is my favorite because of the use of thirds concept. 

Elements of Editing -  (with my very LIMITED knowledge of editing) I sped up the pacing of some shots, and slowed others down to enhance the effect I was looking for.  When I started editing, I wanted to create quick, frantic shots, but as I started compiling the clips I had, I decided the quality of the videos didn't look as good if I did this.  I decided that in order to grasp what was actually  happening in the clip, it was better to not make it so quick paced.  However, I still used various pacing patterns in order to accentuate the music with the video clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment