Friday, December 20, 2013

Oreo Print Ads



Josh Keeton
December 20, 2013
Final Project: Oreo Print ads
            I am not about the clutter and unnecessary art in my advertisements. I like clean cut and simple bold designs.  I chose to do some Oreo Nabisco cookie print ads. I am a big fan of Oreos. I like their simple and straightforward designs.  Simplicity with creativity makes for a beautiful ad. That is what I was going for.
            I turned to some Gestalt principles, mainly continuation and closure. Gestalt principles have a lot to do with perceiving objects as a whole and then it flows into the details.  My ads have an overall framework but then they have little things to take in.
            My campaign idea though is to display the many different flavors Oreos have to offer. Many people do not consider other flavors Oreos have. So then my ads are geared to help people see the options they have available.
            Print Ad 1: Here, I used different flavors of Oreo crème fillings to show that there are a lot more than just regular and double stuffed cookies. So the cookie parts are absent but the crème is what is being displayed.  A continuation of flavors leads you to the Oreo logo.
            Print Ad 2: Here I used the Gestalt principle of closure. There isn’t anything that connects the two cookie parts, but the idea is for people to see a cookie but then fill it with what they want to see. Any flavor can be pictured.
            Print Ad 3: Displays a comparison of two crèmes to represent a different Oreo for those seeking a healthier alternative.







































No comments:

Post a Comment