Friday, December 20, 2013

Prepare to Rock

I tried to instill the nostalgic feeling of a rock concert into the viewer in my pieces, as well as entice the the viewer to come to this show. I composed each image based on iconic things at rock concerts - the “rock on” hand sign, head banging and a lighter in the crowd. Each was composed ahead of time and then taken at a live concert.  Using the images I did puts the music into a genre in the minds of the viewer, and those who like the genre will recognize it and want to learn more.

I used composition in the photographs. I had a dominant and recognizable foreground with a blurred background in each. Each foreground piece is roughly the upper right cross point of the rule of thirds. I chose DIN as my font because it is a san serif, which makes it good for titles and headlines, it is bold and legible, and it gives each piece a modern feel (which represents the music we play, rock n roll with a modern twist). I used continuation in the headline of the hand piece, with the viewer reading across and then seeing the hand in front of the type. I used size in the font as well to add emphasis, with the headline being much bigger and centered compared to the body being justified left and smaller, with the web link being smallest and on the other side.





No comments:

Post a Comment