Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Final Project: "Think Before You Post" Campaign




My objective with this piece is to show that some things in life should remain private and are therefore inappropriate on social media.  I did this by making the comparison that when you post something private for the whole world to see, it’s as if the entire world was right there in your living room, bedroom, bathroom, etc. watching you.
The three design principles that I incorporated into this piece are:
  1. Color: I used the color schemes from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in my posters, and tried to match them with my pictures.  I think this is most evident in the proposal picture, where the Twitter color scheme matches the Christmas tree decorations.
  2. Typography: I used the fonts and styles used in Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in my posters.  I think this, combined with the color schemes, helps the viewer to understand and interpret the meaning of my posters.
  3.  Composition: I used the principles we learned about composition and photography when I took the pictures for my posters.  I tried to place the subjects in my pictures in an arrangement that would accomplish my purpose while remaining aesthetically pleasing.  All of my pictures are asymmetrically balanced and use the rule of thirds.  The depth of field in each picture also helps to get my intended point across.  For example, in the selfie picture, there is a shallow depth of field to show how intimate, up-close, and personal taking a selfie is, and how incredibly awkward it would be if the whole world were right there watching you.

No comments:

Post a Comment