Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Final Project - GuyTV




With my project I wanted to demonstrate how the application of the design principles we learned in class can change the visual feeling of just about any subject matter. The concept was to create fake movie posters that could be used to advertise a special Valentines week on a fake TV station made specifically for men. Now guys can convince their girlfriends to watch their favorite guy movies with them by convincing them beforehand that they are romance flicks!

Inglourious Basterds - Here I used a curly/cursive font to help create a sense of elegance. To make it feel softer, I used warm colors and textures. Concerning composition, I followed the rule of thirds from the bottom up.

The Shining - When I look at the font and color of the font, I see rom-com. Or a family flick. It’s not elegant like the font used in Inglourious Basterds, yet it is not harsh. While not completely symmetrical, the subjects in the photos give it a sense of balance. 

V for Vendetta - I went for a kind of Phantom of the Opera type theme in this piece. I used a another cursive type font to give it a sense of elegance. Red is a prominent color in this image, signifying passion and love. The balance in this image is asymmetrical.


GuyTv logo - I used this as an opportunity to play with the gestalt principles. In a way you could say that both proximity and closure play a role in this image. The word TV is located in a specific spot next to the G to create the image of the male symbol. Even though the G doesn’t completely close, the mind can fill in the gaps and tell that it is meant to be the symbol for the male gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment