Friday, December 20, 2013

VisLit Final BYU Bull Moose Party - Matthew Jelalian



For my final I made a short video for the “BYU Bull Moose Party.” The Bull Moose Party is a unofficial BYU group who will be trying to support BYUSA candidates who will be vocal in their desire to change the Honor Code. The video is of me dressed in a suit. Although I’m nicely dressed my beard would place me in violation of the Honor Code.
 So utilizing quick cuts, moderately close shots and colourful typography;  I attempted to make a light-hearted video that would both match the music I picked and show me “transforming” into a student that would be acceptable by Honor Code Standards. I did this to show how ridiculously unprofessional one could still look while obeying the Honor Code while showing at the same time how professional someone can look while not obeying the Honor Code.

Although it's not overly important to the project I hope everyone enjoys the lyrics in the song.

Wait, what are you talking about, we decided!?
My best interest?! How can you know what's my best interest is?
How can you say what my best interest is? What are you trying to say, I'm crazy?
When I went to your schools, I went to your churches,
I went to your institutional learning facilities?! So how can you say I'm crazy?
~ Institutionalized by Suicidal Tendencies

Hope you all enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment