Thursday, December 19, 2013

Seattle is hosting a cat adoption! Purry Presents

Here's the link to my final project. The three design principles are:

Typography: I used the classic "meme" font to attract those who are cat lovers on the internet. It helps appeal to a wider audience. Also, the background and cat photo on the flyer are very popular online right now, which ideally would help bring people to the 'cat adoption.'

Composition--in the video, especially the news anchor/leading segment, I am located in the middle of the screen, creating a solitary focus on myself and following the rule of thirds. On the flyer, I centered everything to the best of my abilities to create a more streamlined and pleasing look.

Color--Finally, I used vibrant colors to keep the viewers awake. The Christmas tree in the background of the interview is not only pretty, but it helps create the image of warmth and happiness, which is what the cat adoption is also supposed to do. The bright red tablecloth in the opening lead is not only bright and attratcting, but it also resembles many modern newsrooms. Basically, the segment is about a heart-warming cat adoption event, and I chose golds and reds and deep colors to create that feeling of warmth in the video.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS3BUtpu5p0&feature=youtu.be


Here is the flyer that I couldn't figure out how to put in the video.





No comments:

Post a Comment