Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Print Ad Final - See's Candy

My Final Project


For my Final Project I decided to do a print ad campaign for See's Candies. I was having a hard time thinking up the creative concept until we talked about thinking about everything that does not pertain to your product and only work with those ideas. I put the theory to practice and that is how I thought of using the very well-known disadvantages of candy to an advantage. I thought about how dentists hate the idea of eating candy and how we all hate going to the dentist. But, wouldn't we go to the dentist frequently if we got to eat See's Candy every day! I used a typography to show the chocolatey and sweet of See's and then I contrasted that with dentistry images. We all know chocolate is bad for you, but it just tastes so dang delicious! As for design principles, I used typography for the taglines that symbolizes sweet taste of chocolate. Then, for composition, I always put the logo for See's in the bottom corner to contrast the rest of the typography that was on the page. And, I had to change the color of the text in order to be seen in each of the ads. Also, on some of the ads I used the principles of background and foreground by overlaying photos so that the eye can fill in the rest of the image, like the receptionist with the bowl of chocolate in front of her arm. And the girl staring at chocolate is in the foreground of all of the other photos. Enjoy this chocolatey treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment