Friday, December 20, 2013

Pamphlet Creation

Front side of my pamphlet:

Inside of the pamphlet:
By creating this pamphlet, I was trying to create a crisp, modern, edgy look that was not too over the top, was not difficult to understand, and communicated a lot of information in a simple way.
The first thing I was trying to convey was the gestalt principle, which is clearly visible on the cover of the pamphlet. The image of the tennis player is not an actual “whole” object, but our minds organize it and we clearly understand what it is regardless.

The second thing I was trying to accomplish was complimentary colors. The two colors I went with are a bit abstract as it relates to design. I picked the gray and lime-ish green color from a color wheel. I wanted to feature to bold, eye catching colors as a backdrop for each column in the pamphlet. I believe I accomplished my objective of complementing the two main colors, using them interchangeably with different fonts, and tying them all together to be aesthetically appealing.

The final thing I wanted to bring about in this pamphlet was the use of typography. I applied many different elements of typography, but paid special attention to what colors were used, the amount of spacing between paragraphs, and how the words were organized. I wanted the information to be very clear, easy to read, and not overly complicating to find. I believe this was accomplished as it is easy to find and understand important details and information regarding the tennis academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment