Thursday, December 19, 2013

Final Project: Suicide Prevention Video


With this video piece, I am trying to reach out to those contemplating suicide, and get them to realize that there is hope for them. I want them to see that others can relate to them, and that there will be hard times, but if they seek help, they will find it. 

In my video, I used the law of thirds in many shots, which demonstrates principles of good filming. Also, I used more dramatic, darker lighting in the first half of the video, to give off a more somber mood. I also used a close-up shot to let the viewers see the true emotion of the person. For the title choice, I chose to make the x-height larger for the happier words, to stress the importance of positivity, and leave the viewer with those words in their mind. I used slow motion throughout the film, to match the pace of the music, and to make the scenes more dramatic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment