Friday, December 20, 2013

GetCaughtReading.org




     I feel like some people on are saying what they want to achieve, some are saying nothing, and some are detailing everything they did in their design. I just want to soap box something I am passionate about give a brief description then I'll go.
      
     My objective is to give a simple message aimed at kids and parents that reading has a unique impact. I love TV and movies but I believe you learn and think more creatively when you read and envision things for yourself. There is nothing like holding a book in your hands and experiencing a story that way. I hope with simple images and statements that a seed is planted. There is something the written word can do that a screen cannot. The organization with similar goals that I featured here is getcaughtreading.org. The campaign will post statistics and events that promote reading and its positive impact. They also literally just post pictures of people they catch reading (celebrities or just anybody in the park.) I originally did posters of celebrities and athletes reading. I felt this appealed to kids, and could be hilarious but had a little less of a message. The approach I have seen from Get Caught and other organizations is that they are cheesy (lighthearted), only seen by kids who already read, or appeal just to parents and don't compare to any other activity. So I hope these posters convey a clear idea that reading is unique and superior as a learning experience. 

     While trying to make these images visually appealing I used (some more prominent than others) complimentary color, emotion with color, typography, symmetry, leading, rule of thirds, contrast, shading,  serif, sans-serif, signs (connotation, denotation). I just used a poster design site that pretty much gives you the options of word with more image and font custom editing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment