Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Final Project--Brochure

For my final project, I designed a brochure for a business owned by a friend of mine called "Hoofprints of Hope." Its purpose is to provide therapeutic horseback riding lessons for kids who are disabled, come from abusive homes, or otherwise have physical/mental limitations. I wanted to deviate from the typical rectangular-shaped fold out brochure, so I created one that is circular instead. As for the content, the goals of my project were as follows:

--To raise awareness about Hoofprints of Hope and its activities
--To attract attention from potential sponsors or clients
--To create an easy-to-read, simple brochure to inform people about Hoofprints of Hope

The three principles of design I employed in this project were:
--Composition, which I tried to demonstrate with the clear layout. I wanted the pictures I used to supplement the text and to provide an accurate representation of what Hoofprints of Hope does.
--Principles of typography. I attempted to use fonts that were easy-to-read and that fit with the overall look of the brochure.
--Color. I chose white font on a navy blue background as the theme for the brochure because I did not want a color that is too hard on the eyes (like red or black, or bright colors like orange, yellow, and green). 

Here are different screenshots of the brochure: 




No comments:

Post a Comment