Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Final Project - Pilates

I choose to create three print ads for Pilates of Boca, a Pilates company in Boca Raton Florida that I used to work at in high school.


In this piece, I was trying to achieve a simple, self-explanatory metaphor for weight loss. The doors symbolize the transformation of ones body as they begin and continue to practice Pilates.


In this piece, I was trying to display the importance of flexibility and explain how it is a key component of Pilates.  


In this piece, I wanted a captivating image to draw in clients. If the image is relatable, people will be more inclined to try Pilates.   


The three design principles that I incorporated in these pieces are:

1. Color: I incorporated color in all three of my pieces. I used the color wheel to match the exact shade of blue (used in the logo) to other elements of my advertisements. 
2. Typography: I wanted to make my language visible, so I incorporated typography into my "Straw" piece as well as my "Carrying" piece. This allowed the message of weight loss to be more evident.
3. Composition: I used composition in all three of my pieces when selecting where to place each element on my advertisement.


No comments:

Post a Comment